Warehouse Team Leader role opportunity
Updated: Jun 8
POST OF WAREHOUSE TEAM LEADER
- based in Cockermouth and working across Cumberland (formerly, Allerdale/Copeland).
16 hours per week over 4 days per week.
The North Lakes Foodbank charity is looking to recruit a part-time Warehouse Team Leader to work 4 days per week which may occasionally include some weekend working. Initially a 2-year contract subject to renewal and a six-month probationary period.
Annual salary £21,164 pro rata for 16 hours per week £9,152. Hourly rate £11.00
Reporting to and working with the Foodbank Manager the successful candidate will lead a team of volunteers to ensure that all warehouse spaces of the North Lakes Foodbank are run efficiently. Working with the volunteers you will coordinate effective stock control; communicate stock requirements to the Manager; follow all procedures and policies to ensure the warehouse space meets all current legislation with regard to Food Safety, Health and Safety and Safeguarding.
We are looking for candidates who:
• are passionate about tackling poverty
• are supportive of the Christian values of the Foodbank
• have had experience in leading a team of people
• good standard of education including a minimum of English and Maths at GSCE
• who are numerate and able to interpret and provide statistical information
• have excellent IT skills, especially Excel spreadsheets
• have good communication skills
• have excellent project planning and organisational skills
• can demonstrate that they can work on their own and as part of a team
• have a clean driving licence
• physically able to carry out manual work.
A full induction training will be given to candidates as well as other training if required.
The post is subject to an Enhanced DBS Check.
If you think you would like to join our team and you meet our criteria above then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack or ring on 07775750774. You can also find the application pack on our website under 'Resources'.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 22nd June 2023.
Interviews will take place Tuesday 27th June 2023.